Low Res Ganondorf


During the game character creation class I also had a low-res character side project . We were to take any existing game character and create a low resolution version of it. I've always been a huge fan of Zelda and I absolutely love Wind Waker. My character choice was the version of Ganondorf from Wind Waker, and here is how he turned out:




The focus for this project was to create a handheld game resolution character, where you wouldn't see the character way up close most of the time. This changed things quite a bit because it puts an even heavier emphasis on silhouette and the ability to read detail. Taken that into consideration, this is how you would be seeing the model most of the time:



The final tri count is 1856, and his diffuse texture is 256x512. I modeled him inside Maya and again worked start to finish inside of 3D-Coat for painting his texture.



I found this project to be extremely fun.  Having to deal with such low poly limits and texture resolution was pretty challenging, but at the same time opened my eyes to how much you can get out of so little resources.

About the Blog

Gallery of current works by Kenneth Kozan, Game Artist.