Character Creation



This was my first attempt at creating a realistic model of a human figure.  During my character creation class we were to create a "high" poly model of a human from photo based reference.

We were given a reference folder with pictures from 3DSK and create everything from scratch.

My first step was to create a "block out" of Mr. Bluespeedo, to make sure that I didn't up-res the model with wrong proportions.


From there I broke down the body into sections, and one by one created their detailed models.  We were given a list of the standard edge loops, and had to make sure that our models had them.  Always making sure to check back at the reference to ensure that everything was matching up, the ended model looked like this:


And these are the renders of the model when smoothed:

 


We also had to created and model some sort of armor for our character.  I decided to make mine into a warrior of some sort and sketched a gladiator-like outfit.



And finally, once finished with the modeling of the character we had to create the UV maps for the body model.  

     

Like my other projects, this was created within the 1 month period of the class.  The end result was a fully quadded (with a handful of inevitable triangles) high-ish resolution model that could very easily be fitted into an animation or a game.  I would like to pose my character and create the rest of his armor, when I do so I will surely post it here.

No Response to "Character Creation"

Post a Comment

About the Blog

Gallery of current works by Kenneth Kozan, Game Artist.